Announcements and Important Events
Welcome back Blue Devils! With the governor lifting some restrictions and the MHSAA coming out with new guidelines we can now begin some summer training! There are many precautions we have to take to ensure we are opening up our campus and programs safely. Outlined below is the summer protocol we will need everyone to follow at all training sessions.
2020 Summer Training Protocol
Blue Devil Speed/Agility/Strength training will begin on Monday, June 15. It will run every Monday and Wednesday from 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm and on Fridays from 9:00 am - 10:15 am. We are limited in the number of people we can have training at one facility. If we exceed this number we will open up more sessions of training and direct specific sports to specific training days/times. Bear with us as we work through this.
"Low Risk" sports (cross country, tennis, sideline cheer and golf) may begin sport specific training. Those training times will be communicated by coaches and approved by the athletic director. The below protocol applies to ALL summer training sessions June 15th through July 3rd.
General Info -
- We will follow all MHSAA/NFHS/KRESA health and safety guidelines, i.e. social distancing and proper hygiene/sanitizing protocol.
- Coaches and support staff will be wearing face coverings.
- Student-athletes should wear face coverings into the facility and through the check-in procedure. Once they begin training they may remove their face covering for training. The face covering will need to be put back on when they leave the facility.
- Student-athletes will check-in with coaches upon arrival. All participants must complete the GLHS Athletics - COVID 19 daily monitoring form upon arrival for their workout. Click the link here to access the form. We suggest each participant bookmark/save the survey to the home screen of your mobile device for future use. You will need to complete this form prior to EVERY workout.
- Each athlete will receive an on-site temperature check. Anyone that registers a temperature of 100.4 or higher and/or answers YES to any of the questions in the monitoring form will not be allowed to participate in training.
- As student-athletes enter the training venue they will be required to wear a mask until they have cleared check-in.
- Sanitize your hands at the check in point prior to beginning training.
- GLCS is not allowed to provide “group” water stations so all student-athletes will be required to provide their own water.
- Do not share water bottles.
- Bring enough for the entire time
- Every time an athlete gets a drink during the practice/workout - please sanitize your hands to continually help in keeping the equipment being used as clean as possible.
Locker Rooms/Indoor Facilities -
- All indoor facilities are to remain closed and are off limits and not to be used.
- Please leave your belongings in your vehicle or only bring what is necessary for you to use during the workout/practice.
- All student-athletes should bring their own water bottle and face mask. It is also suggested to bring your own hand sanitizer; although we will have some provided.
- Personal equipment (towels, water bottles, clothing) is not to be shared.
- Student-athletes are encouraged to shower and wash their workout clothing immediately upon returning home.
- When dropping off your student-athlete please do not depart the facility until your son/daughter has cleared the check-in area.
- At the conclusion of the session we ask parents to stay in their cars in the parking lot as student-athletes are released.